Let me introduce the perfect finger food to bring to a dinner party, these Lemon & Raw Honey Candied Hazelnuts. They will be gone in no time since everybody will love them. So make sure you bring a lot lol! I’ve made them to several New Years Eve dinner parties and dinner nights with my girlfriends and I’ve not met one single person who didn’t become obsessed with them so it’s a safe card if you have picky friends 😉
Also, I know honey isn’t vegan but I get my raw honey from a friend to my family and she lives in the country side of Sweden and she really cares about her bees and treat them very good. So if you’re gonna use honey make sure it comes from an organic & sustainable farmer that cares about his/hers work.
- Rougly 2.5 cup / 6 dl hazelnuts
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl raw honey OR you can try maple syrup if you like, I haven't tried it so I'm not sure about the result
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest from an organic lemon
- Preheat oven to 302 F / 150 C.
- Roast the hazelnut on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 20-25 min or until they look done, they should not be burned. The time can vary depending on your oven, so make sure to look every 5 minutes.
- Pour the hazelnut into a big bowl and mix them with rosemary, Himalayan pink salt and lemon zest.
- Add the raw honey and stir with a spatula until the nuts are covered in honey.
- Place the mixture on a parchment lined baking tray or plate and spread evenly.
- Season to taste and serve! So easy and so yummy.