When life gives you lemons, you make lemon bars. Fact. I luuuuuv these bars and the lemon flavor… it’s just so amazing.
These are great energy bars that have a lighter feeling than a chocolate bar and they feel very clean, fresh and… happy. Yes happy.
Give them a try and let me know in the comments what you think. 🙂
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl almonds
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl almond butter
- 0.6 cup / 1.5 dl shredded coconut
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl fresh & gooey dates, pitted (pack them tight in the measurement cup)
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl dried apricots
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice from a fresh lemon
- A pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Ev. 1-2 tsp cold pressed coconut oil
1. Mix almonds, shredded coconut and salt in a food processor until the almond is roughly chopped.
2. Add dates, almond butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and dried apricots – mix again until everything is well combined.
3. The dough should be sticky enough to roll into balls. If it’s too dry add some coconut oil or more dates.
4. Shape the dough into bars (or you can make balls if you like).
5. Garnish with lemon zest if you want or coat them with shredded coconut or some chopped nuts. Whatever you fancy!
6. Place the bars on a big parchment lined plate and let it set in the fridge.
7. Keep in a air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or so.