When you are given lemons, you make lemon bars. Fact.
I adore these bars and the lemon flavor. It makes them stand out compared to the usual chocolate bar that at least I tend to grab before any other bar. Where are my fellow chocolate obsessed people at?
BUT these are actually worth grabbing before that chocolate bar (at least some of the times lol) and that says a lot I think. To sum it up it’s a great energy bar that has a lighter touch to it and it feels very clean, fresh and happy. Give it a try and let me know in the comments what you think.
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl almonds
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl almond butter
- 0.6 cup / 1.5 dl shredded coconut
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl fresh & gooey dates, pitted (pack them tight in the measurement cup)
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl dried apricots
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice from a fresh lemon
- A pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Ev. 1-2 tsp cold pressed coconut oil
- Mix almonds, shredded coconut and salt in a food processor until the almond is roughly chopped.
- Add dates, almond butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and dried apricots - mix again until everything is well combined.
- The dough should be sticky enough to roll into balls. If it's too dry add some coconut oil or more dates.
- Shape the dough into bars (or you can make balls if you like).
- Garnish with lemon zest if you want or coat them with shredded coconut or some chopped nuts. Whatever you fancy!
- Place the bars on a big parchment lined plate and let it set in the fridge.
- Keep in a air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or so.