I just love energy bars, I mean they are the perfect “on the go” snack and they really don’t take up any space in your bag. These particularly energy bars are just the bomb, they taste like a mix of caramel and nut butter. So good.
- 1 1/4 cups cashew butter, I made my own (3 dl)
- 20 sticky and fresh Mazafati dates, pitted
- About 2 cups shredded coconut, depending on how sticky the dates are (5 dl or more)
- 2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs (1.2 dl)
1. Place everything in a food processor and mix until everything is well incorporated.
2. The dough should be really sticky but at the same time not too wet. If it feels too dry, add more dates and if it feels too sticky – add more shredded coconut.
3. Shape the dough into bars in any size you like. You can even form the dough into balls.
4. Place the bars in the fridge to set for about 2h.
5. Keep them in a large food box in the fridge or freezer for freshness.