Made these super yummy energy balls after my CrossFit practice this mid-morning. Really needed some extra energy after lunch so I have enough energy for my swimming practice this evening! Love to have a day off work cause then I can train more! Yay! Anywho here comes the recipe!
- 1 cup hazelnuts (2.4 dl)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (1.2 dl)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 22 fresh sticky dates (pitted)
- Mix everything in a food processor until well blended. Add some extra nuts in the end if you want it crunchy. Which you want cause it makes it more yummier. Duhhh. Add more dates if it’s too dry. Roll the dough into balls and serve with a cup of coffee.