Omg you guys. I seriously LOVE this dish!!! it reminds me of lovely childhood memories and I used to eat this with thick bacon all the time from when I was like 2 years old lol. Why the bacon though… makes me sick. 🙁 Poor piggy, but I didn’t make the connection back then…
In Sweden new potatoes are really popular to eat with pickled herring during the summer, but I can’t stand pickled herring, it’s just so gross!!!! Like SO gross!!! Haha. Have you ever tried it? Well, don’t. I’m warning you!!! Eat just the potatoes with some fried mushrooms and a big salad… Much better haha!
I went to the first swim practice of the season yesterday, seriously I can not move today. I’m SO sore!!!!! And we did one hour of running intervals and hill sprints with a bunch of different exercises between the laps/sprints. Basically 1 hour of CrossFit. I thought that I was gonna die. For real lol. Especially after being sick for 3 weeks. But I’m so happy to be back and move my body! Feels so great. This season is gonna be mine. I can just feel it!!! Anyone who’s with me?! Let’s rock this fall! But first, let’s eat some potatoes.
- 1 pound cold and boiled new potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil to sauté in
- Herbal salt after taste
1. Cut the already cooked/boiled potatoes into cubes and sauté them in a a little bit of coconut oil on medium high eat in a non-stick pan for about 5 min. Stir often so they don’t burn.
2. Add dill, nutmeg and salt after taste and sauté for another 5 min. Stir now and then.
3. When the potatoes are warm and have some color they are ready to be served!
4. Perfect as a side dish to any kind of veggies or a vegan hamburger.