Hello all beautiful people! Today I’m sharing one of my favorit nut butter recipes with you, if you know me you know that I’m obsessed with nut butters of all kinds and this is definitely on my top 5 list. Two other nut butters that I absolutely looove are Creamy Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter (of course duh hello who doesn’t?!!) and Macadamia Nut Butter (drool). YASSS. So good!
This Almond & Coconut Nut Butter is really healthy (if you don’t overdo it) & delicious to eat as a snack before or after a workout as it is or together with apple slices, frozen banana chunks, carrot & celery sticks, on top of oatmeal or on a toast with banana slices or on a baked sweet potato. May sound weird but the sweet potato and nut butter combo is actually sooo BOMB.
So try 2 tablespoons of this delicious nut butter with any of the suggestions above as a healthy snack this weekend and let me know what you think! 🙂
- 6 dl raw almonds
- 3 dl unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalaya pink salt (optional)
- Place almonds in a high speed food processor and mix until you have a flour.
- Add the coconut and mix again.
- Mix until you have a nut butter like consistency. Stop now and then to scrape down the sides of the food processor. This process takes around 8-15 min depending on your food processor.
- The nut butter should be creamy and smooth when it’s done.
- Once you have a creamy nut butter add the cinnamon and Himalaya pink salt and mix again until well incorporated.