Best snack ever? Well according to me apples dipped in homemade almond butter is for sure on the top 3 list. I love making my own almond butter, so easy, so much cheaper and most importantly, ten thousand times more delicious than store bought.
- 4 cups raw almonds (10 dl)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
2. Roast the almonds on a lined baking sheet for about 10-15 min. Make sure they don’t get burned. Let them cool completely before mixing.
3. Mix them in a food processor until creamy, takes about 10 min.
4. Don’t add salt and cinnamon until it’s super creamy because the cinnamon will make the almond butter dry so I can’t stress how important it is that you mix until really really creamy. If it ends up dry you can just add some almond oil.
5. Store best in the fridge in an air-tight glass jar but you can keep it in room temperature as well.