If you’re looking for the perfect fall/winter soup, there is no need to look any further. This soup is out of this world and soooo delicious! Serve it with sourdough bread, hummus or vegan butter and vegan cheese if you like or you can just dip the bread into the soup.
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 portabello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1-4 tbsp water to sauté the onions in
- 1 can crushed cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- Around 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Herbal salt
- Fresh parsley
1. Start with soaking the lentils for at least 30 minutes to make them easier to digest, then rinse and drain.
2. Sauté onion in water in a pot until soft, takes about 5-8 minutes, then add the garlic + mushrooms and let they sauté for 2 minutes on medium heat together with the onion. Add more water if needed, but add just a little at the time so it doesn’t get to much water in the pot.
3. Pour in the crushed cherry tomatoes, lentils and water + spices.
4. Let it cook together under a lid on medium low heat for about 15 minutes or until done.
5. Season after taste.
6. Top with fresh parsley and serve it with sourdough bred.