One of my favorite dishes of all times, this is my to go dinner if I don’t know what to make because it’s always a winner and everyyyybody loves it. Vegan or non-vegan. It’s delicious, satisfying, filling and extremely healthy! YAY.
Taco ”Meat” Filling
- 2 carrots, medium size
- 0.8 cup / 2 dl walnuts, preferably soaked & dehydrated (optional)
- 0.8 cup / 2 dl almonds, preferably soaked & dehydrated
- 4 inch / 10 cm leek
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- A dash of cayenne peppar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- A few pinches Himalayan pink salt
Raw Taco Sauce
- 4 ripe sweet tomatoes
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for at least 1h in water
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl raisins, soak for 30 min so they get soft and easy to mix
- Chili powder after taste
- Cayennepeppar after taste
- Black pepper and Himalayan pink salt after taste
Example of toppings
- Sweet Corn
- Olives, chopped
- Red bell pepper
1. Mix carrots and leek in a food processor until well mixed.
2. Add Tamari sauce while the food processor is running on low speed.
3. Add the spices and mix again.
4. Pour the walnuts into the food processor and pulse it down so there are still some crunchy pieces. Season after taste.
5. For the raw taco sauce simply mix fresh tomatoes, soaked dried tomatoes and raisins in a small mixer (not a food processor). Add spices and mix again until you have a sauce. Season after taste.