Have you tried sushi without rice and raw fish? Maybe you are thinking, well what’s left if I can’t have rice or raw fish in my sushi?? Well you can have vegetables and rice haha. And in my opinion it tastes even better. Today I skipped the rice and just used raw veggies which was AMAZING. I love raw vegan sushi because it’s much fresher and healthier + you don’t feel sick after eating too much. You still get that ”sushi taste” from the nori sheets and Tamari sauce that makes sushi… well sushi. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 big avocado mashed with herbal salt + oregano
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 7 cm cucumber, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 handfuls of sunflower sprouts
1. Spread the mashed avocado on 2/3 of the nori sheet like you would do with rice, leave the 1/3 of the top of the nori sheet empty. make sure it’s not too close to the edges otherwise it will fall out when you are going to roll them later.
2. Spread the other ingredients horizontal on top of the avo mash, make sure your ingredients are not too close to the edge, otherwise they will fall out.
3. Wrap the nori roll tightly and use a small amount of water to seal the last end together.
4. Cut the big sushi roll into small sushi rolls using a very sharp knife, try to cut where the fine lines are on the nori sheets.
5. Also make sure to wet the knife under water before cutting every sushi roll piece.
6. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
7. Dip in Tamari soy sauce and enjoy!