Can we ever get tired of Quinoa? Nope I don’t think so haha. The varieties of dishes you can make with quinoa are endless. Today I made this delicious quinoa & veggie stir-fry that gave me a taste of Italy…. it was magical.
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl dry quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup-1 cup / 1.2-2.4 dl Italian tomato sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/4 halves
- 2 carrots, medium sized, roughly shredded
- Chili powder after taste
- Himalayan pink salt och Black peppar after taste
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Honey melon or cantaloup melon slices on the side
1. Cook the quinoa, follow the guidelines on the package.
2. Sauté onion in some water or olive oil on medium high eat in a chemical free non-stick pan. Sauté until the onion is translucent, takes about 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté for another minute or two.
3. Add the chopped zucchini into the pan and let it cook with the onion for a few minutes before adding the quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes and the tomato sauce. Add as much tomato sauce as you like. Let it cook for about 5 minutes before adding the cherry tomatoes and shredded carrots. Let cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with honey melon or cantaloup melon (gives it a really nice touch).