Can we ever get tired of Quinoa? Nope I don’t think so haha. The varieties of dishes you can make with quinoa are endless. Today I made this delicious quinoa stir fry that gave me a taste of Italy and it was magical.
Easy Italian Chili Quinoa Stir-Fry (2 people)
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl dry quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup-1 cup / 1.2-2.4 dl Italian tomato sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/4 halves
- 2 carrots, medium sized, roughly shredded
- Chili powder after taste
- Himalayan pink salt och Black peppar after taste
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Honey melon or cantaloup melon slices on the side
- Cook the quinoa, follow the guidelines on the package.
- Sauté onion in some water or olive oil on medium high eat in a chemical free non-stick pan. Sauté until the onion is translucent, takes about 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the chopped zucchini into the pan and let it cook with the onion for a few minutes before adding the quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes and the tomato sauce. Add as much tomato sauce as you like. Let it cook for about 5 minutes before adding the cherry tomatoes and shredded carrots. Let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with honey melon or cantaloup melon (gives it a really nice touch).