OH MY GOD. Did I hear vegan bounties? Without any refined sugar and dairy? Yes you did. I absolutely adore these bounties, they are seriously soooo good!
I got the idea to make them from my dear friend Joline who had made a similar bounty recipe, but I changed it up a bit, like using only coconut milk instead of heavy cream and I added some coconut flour, Himalayan pinksalt and vanilla to the recipe. Which in my opinion made them even tastier.
I choosed to decorate all of them with candy sprinkles (maybe not the healthiest but whatever haha) and silvered almonds, but you can also garnish with coconut flakes, chopped hazelnuts or other nuts like pistachios. You can also just skip the topping completely and just go with the chocolate. SO good!!!!
These are also completely nut-free so it’s a great treat to make if you’re allergic or sensitive to nuts.
- 2.5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or raw agave
- 7 oz. full fat coconut milk (200 ml)
- 3⅓ cup coconut flakes (8 dl)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- A pinch of salt
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 200 grams organic dark 70% chocolate
- Melt the coconut oil in a sauce pan on low heat. Add the maple syrup or sweetener of choice. Stir until well combined.
- Add coconut milk and let it come to a low boil. Add shredded coconut, coconut flour, salt and vanilla.
- Take away from heat and let it cool for 10 min in the fridge.
- Shape the batter into bounty look a like bars with your hands.
- Place the bars on a parchment lined baking tin.
- Let set in the freezer for at least 1h or until they are really hard and won't break.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (in a stainless bowl over a pot with steaming water).
- Dip the coconut bars into the chocolate using a good locking tongs. I use one from OXO.
- Place the bounties back on the baking tin and garnish with anything you like.