Do I even have to say something about these bad boys? I mean just look at them… DROOL! These are just SO extra, we got the gooey and crunchy crust, then we have a salty caramel cream layer and on top of the iceberg we have a raw homemade dreamy chocolate layer . SERIOUSLY?! How can you not be drooling right now? lol.
Perfect dessert for all occasions + they’re ridiculously easy to make.
Nutty Chocolate Base Layer
- 18 gooey fresh dates, pitted
- 1 cup cashew nuts (2.4 dl)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon sprouted grounded flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla powder or vanilla extract
Gooey Salty Caramel Cream Layer
- 2 cups fresh tightly packed dates, pitted (4.8 dl)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, I made my own (2.4 dl)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter, melted (1.2 dl)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cacao powder, unsweetened (1.2 dl)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch of Himalaya pink salt
1. Mix all the ingredients for the Chocolate Base Layer in a food processor.
2. Press out the dough with your hand into a parchment lined baking dish at around 8×8 inches (20×20). Let it set in the freezer while you’re prepping the caramel layer.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the Salty Caramel Cream Layer in a food processor until smooth. Add more almond milk if it’s too dry.
4. Take out the baking dish and spread an even layer with the caramel cream on top of the base layer.
5. Let it set in the freezer while you’re prepping the Chocolate Layer.
6. Thinly slice the cacao butter using a sharp knife.
7. Melt the cacao powder in a double boiler until you have 1/2 cup (1.2 dl).
8. Stir down cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until everything is well incorporated.
9. Pour over the chocolate sauce on top of the caramel layer and let it set in the freezer for at least 60 min.
10. Slice the cake in desired pieces using a sharp knife. Make sure to wash it in hot water in between each time you use it.