First blog post on the new site you guys!!!! SOOOOO excited. Are you that too? Yay! Do you know what I did this morning? I went swimming at 6 AM. I repeat, 6 AM. I had to get up at 4.45 AM so I could jump in the water 1 hour and 15 min later. But first I picked up my old team buddy Jessie. Yep she has also started swimming again. Eeeek sooo much fun!! I can’t believe that we have started swimming again. I’m really happy that I have though since it’s so much more fun to swim now then before and my new team mates are just soooo sweet and welcoming. Plus that our coach is amazing. He listens to us and he knows what he is talking about when it comes to swimming.
After practice this morning I was soooo hungry but I just had to do some grocery shopping. Oh man, have I ever told you how hungry you get after a swim practice for 1.5h? Well if you don’t know, try it. It’s horrible lol. Like that grocery shopping spree was.
When I got home I made a frozen banana peanut butter smoothie and watched PLL (Pretty Little Liars) – I’m OBSESSED by that show!!!! You should watch it. No you NEED to watch it. It’s pretty badass. And super addicting.
Made these Raw Salty Caramel Chocolate Bars for you today!! Perfect little healthy treat in the middle of the week! <3
- 18 gooey fresh dates, pitted
- 1 cup cashew nuts (2.4 dl)
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon sprouted grounded flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh tightly packed dates, pitted (4.8 dl)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, I made my own (2.4 dl)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla powder or extract
- ½ cup raw cacao butter, melted (1.2 dl)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon cacao powder, unsweetened (1.3 dl)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch of Himalaya pink salt
- Mix all the ingredients for the Chocolate Base Layer in a food processor.
- Press out the dough with your hand into a parchment lined baking dish at around 8x8 inches (20x20). Let it set in the freezer while you're prepping the caramel layer.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Salty Caramel Cream Layer in a food processor until smooth. Add more almond milk if it's too dry.
- Take out the baking dish and spread an even layer with the caramel cream on top of the base layer.
- Let it set in the freezer while you're prepping the Chocolate Layer.
- Thinly slice the cacao butter using a sharp knife.
- Melt the cacao powder in a double boiler until you have ½ cup (1.2 dl).
- Stir down cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour over the chocolate sauce on top of the caramel layer and let it set in the freezer for at least 60 min.
- Slice the cake in desired pieces using a sharp knife. Make sure to wash it in hot water in between each time you use it.