Finally summer! So what’s better than making a yummy rhubarb pie huh? Ehm nothing!! I really love to eat raw vegan, mostly because I feel so fresh and filled with energy and the best part is that you can eat as much as you want without getting fat haha! Win win. I will definitely include more raw veggies and fruits in my diet from now on. I picked the rhubarbs from my garden, but if you don’t have a garden, just ask a nice neighbor or just buy them in the grocery store.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh gooey dates, pitted
- 2 pinches of Himalayan salt
- 2 cups fresh rhubarbs, finely chopped
- 1 orange
- 2 mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a food processor until medium-coarse chopped.
2. Add the dates and mix again till it’s well combined and you have a sticky dough.
3. Press the dough into a pie dish that about 8 inches big. Use your hands.
4. Now let’s make the filling! Mix the peeled orange in a small mixer or food processor, then add vanilla powder, mint leaves and maple syrup.
5. Combine the rhubarbs and the orange/maple sauce in a big bowl until well combined.
6. Spread the filling over the pie crust and garnish with some orange slices and frozen raspberries.