Alright, as everybody knows so is Valentines Day coming up really soon and by that I mean on Friday. Tomorrow. So what are your plans for this special day? Maybe surprise your love with some chocolate? Well I have an idea! You can make these super yummy brownies!! I promise that they will become a hit and that you girlfriend/boyfriend will love you even more! They are sooo scrumptious, I swear. So what are my plans for tomorrow? Well, I’ll probably stay at home, in my bed with a really bad cold that doesn’t wanna leave my body and I’ll probably be watching some tv-show and stuffing my face with chocolate. Sounds fun right?! Yeahhh don’t answer that….
I think I’ll be single forever. Seriously. But at least I have the blog, my cat Sippen and CrossFit! Okay that made me sound like some kind of crazy cat lady, I swear I’m not. Or maybe I am, who knows. Anyways, here is the recipe for all of you who have someone special to bake to or if you wanna bake something tasty for yourself!
- 1 cup raw almonds (2.4 dl)
- 0.8 cup shredded coconut (2 dl)
- 0.8 cup fresh sticky dates (2 dl)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, unsweetened
- 3.5 oz (100 g) raw dark organic chocolate, melted in a double boiler
- Mix almonds, coconut and dates in a food processor until you get a sticky mixture.
- Add cacao powder and mix again until everything is well combined.
- Season after taste, add more cacao or more sweetener if you like.
- Press out the dough on a lined baking sheet. The cake should be about ½ inch (1.2 cm) thick.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly on the cake and garnish with shredded coconut.
- Place the brownie cake in the fridge for about 30 min or so to cool.
- Cut the cake in squares before serving.