This is the perrrrfect apple pie if you want to eat something sweet, but also wanna stay healthy and treat your body with respect. It’s also very easy to make and since it’s raw you don’t have to spend 30 minutes for it to bake through in the oven. YAY! No time to waste right? You just mix and chop the apples up and boom you are done! I love to drink Chinese pu-uerh tea on the side, but you can just take whatever tea you have at home 🙂
Recipe for 2 people (or 1 very hungry person)
- 8-10 fresh sticky cooking dates or 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup GF oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (soaked and dehydrated preferable) OR oats to make it nut-free.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2-3 sour apples or your favorite apples
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp mulberries
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
– Mix all ingredients except apples and orange in a food processor until you have a sticky dough. Add the almonds the last thing you do. Don’t over mix it, you still want to to have some pieces of the almonds so you get that extra crunch.
– Press the dough into a pie dish and spread your thinly cut apples evenly in the pie dish. Mix the orange in a small mixer/blender and pour the orange sauce over the apples. Sprinkle some mulberries and cacao nibs on the top.