Someone out there who loves gooey caramel cookies as much as I do? Probably. Maybe you? If you don’t you are weird, lol. JK. When I was younger I used to bake gooey caramel cookies ALL the time, I don’t think there has been a single birthday party in my house without caramel cookies! Seriously. Well they are just ‘the’ Nr.1 cookie in my heart and that’s why I felt forced to come up with a vegan gluten-free / grain-free & healthier option now when I have changed my lifestyle. So, I made these, and daaamn they are GOOD. Really good. In my opinion they’re even yummier then the older version. Or at least they taste just as good. You will not even notice that they are vegan, so I would say that they’re safe to give to offer to non-vegan people as well! Yay! 🙂
- 2 cups (4.8 dl) + 1.5 tablespoons almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup (0.8 dl) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons cardamom, freshly grounded
- 3.5 ounces / 1 dl cold-pressed coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Add almond flour, salt and baking soda to a bowl and mix well.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a double-boiler over simmering water.
4. Stir down almond butter, cardamom and maple syrup.
5. Mix everything in a food processor until well combined.
6. Form the batter into 1 inch big balls (2.5 cm).
7. Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet and lightly press down each cookie with the palm of your hand to flatten them out a bit.
8. Bake them for about 10 min or until they are golden.
9. Let cookies cool completely on a cooling rack before eating them.
PS. I just decorated the cookies with crushed cardamom seeds because it looked pretty for the photoshoot and then removed them afterwards. Wouldn’t recommend consuming crushed cardamom seeds in this recipe… lol. DS.