Looking for the BEST Christmas cookies to impress your non vegan family and friends with? Make these. They won’t even notice that they are vegan and you don’t have to tell them either. These are probably the best cookies I’ve ever baked. Vegan or non-vegan. You can really feel the Christmas spirit when you’re eating these cookies and the best part is that the more you eat of them the yummier they become haha. Not so sure if that’s a good thing though…. 😉
Also the texture of them are like sooo perfect. They taste exactly like a gingerbread cookie dough but obviously with a bit more texture and chewyness. So if you’re looking for some Christmas Cookies to to make this year look no further. Or you can look for more recipes, but you just HAVE to make these. 😉
- 1 cup thick almond butter (2.4 dl)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (160 ml)
- 1/2 cup ”aqua fabia vegan egg” ( drained chick pea water from a can of chick peas)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon bitter orange
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of himalayan pink salt
- 2 teaspoons organic molasses, unsulphured
- Enjoy Life semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- Silvered Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. In a food processor combine almond butter, aqua faba, molasses and coconut sugar until well combined.
3. Pour all dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a spoon until well incorporated, then add them into the food processor.
4. Mix until well combined.
5. Since I used molasses the dough is reaaaally sticky so I used a spoon to scoop out the dough into small piles that you place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Garnish each pile/cookie with some chocolate chips or silvered almonds.
7. Let them bake for 8-10 min. Depending on your oven. I had them in for 8 min.
8. They are really gooey so let them cool on the baking sheet for about 30 min before you move them to the cooling rack (use a big turner).
9. Let cool and EAT.