A lovely warming and sweet rhubarb pie served with fresh strawberries and vegan ice cream or custard (Alpro’s Vegan Vanilla Soy Custard). I just love this pie and it’s perfect for a rainy and cold summer day when you just wanna sit inside reading a book and eating pie.
- 6 small thin rhubarb chalks or 2 2/3 cup (4 dl) finely chopped rhubarb chalks
- 2 big golden smith apples or other sour sweet apples
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl rolled oats
- 0.5 cup / 1.2 dl Swedish toasted stone ground oat flour (skrädmjöl-rostat stenmalet havremjöl)
- 0.5 cup / 1.2 dl riven kokos
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/6 tsp Himalayan salt
- 0.5 cup / 1.2 dl cold pressed coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 175 C.
2. Place the chopped rhubarb chunks and thinly sliced apples in a greased pie form.
3. Sprinkle coconut sugar over the fruit and stir so everything combines. Let the coconut sugar coat all the fruit.
4. Stir all the ingredients to the crumble except coconut oil in a big bowl until well combined. Add the coconut oil and mix everything together using your hands.
5. Pour the crumble over the fruit and let bake for around 40 min in the middle/low part of the oven.
6. If it gets brown goldish but isn’t baked through yet, simple put aluminum foil over the pie and let it bake through.
7. Serve with fresh strawberries and vegan ice cream. Store bought or you can make any of my ice cream recipes.