If you’re looking for the perfect fall apple pie look no further. Love this pie and it’s so easy to make using only simple whole food plant-based ingredients. Damn it easy to eat right! If you don’t wanna use coconut oil you can use fresh dates and water to make it hold together, but it won’t be the same.
Recipe (2 people)
- 5 small apples that you like,
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar to coat the apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon to coat the apples
- Tiny bit coconut oil to grease the pie dish
The Oat Crisp
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl rolled oats
- 1/4 cup / 0.6 dl coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup / 0.6 dl cold pressed coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp real vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt or Crystal salt
- Preheat oven to 392 F / 200 C.
- Core and pit the apples. Cut the apples thinly and place them in the greased pie dish. Coat with coconut sugar and cinnamon. Set a side.
- For the crisp: stir all the dry crisp topping ingredients together in a bowl until well combined, then add the soft coconut oil (it should be soft, not liquid) and mix with fingers until you have a nice crumbly consistency.
- Pour the crisp topping dough over the apples and spread it evenly to coat.
- Let it bake for 15 minutes so it get a nice brownish golden color, then lower the temperature to 125 degrees C / 257 F and cover with aluminium foil and let it bake for another 40-45 min. Check now and then. Baking it this way will give you really soft and sweet apples. Plus you will at the same time have a nice golden crisp.
* Serve with vegan rice vanilla ice cream