I freaking love this banana bread! Why? Well because it’s insanely delicious plus it’s both gluten-free AND oil-free. So awesome right? No empty calories just packed with fiber, protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. Yay! Who’s excited to try it? Hope you’ll like it.
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl organic brown rice flour
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl ground gluten-free rolled oats (just mix them in a blender or food processor)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xhantan gum powder (optional) or 1 tsp ground chia or flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2/3 cup / 2 dl walnuts, (roughly chopped)
- 4 big very ripe bananas (with brown spots on them) + 1 banana
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl maple syrup
- 6 tbsp / 1 dl coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup / 0.8 dl unsweetened organic apple sauce
- 1 lemon, (the juice)
1. Preheat oven to 392 F / 200 C
2. Stir all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
3. On a big plate mash the ripe bananas well with a fork.
4. In a small mixing bowl add mashed bananas, apple sauce, lemon juice and maple syrup. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
5. Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a big wooden spoon until everything is well mixed.
6. Pour into a parchment lined bread pan (8×25 cm / 3×10 inches), if your bread pan has different measurements the baking time might not be the same so make sure to check often.
7. Bake in the middle slightly lower part of the oven for about 55 minutes. When 5 minutes remains cover the bread with aluminum foil so it doesn’t burn.
8. Do the toothpick test to see if it’s ready. When just a few moist crumbs cling to the tester toothpick, remove the bread immediately. Don’t bake it one minute longer.
9. Take out and let cool with the parchment paper still on it on a cooling rack until completely cooled down (about 60 min). Remove the parchment paper carefully so the bread doesn’t fall apart.
10. Cut into thick slices and eat directly or keep it in the fridge for up to 2-3 days or place it in the freezer (lasts for weeks there).
11. Enjoy with a big cup of tea!