My first vegan banana chocolate bread!
It turned out more beautiful and more delicious than I expected. It’s a little bit heavier and more dense in texture than those banana breads I’v made before when using eggs but it tastes absolutely AMAZING and it holds together really well. Let’s not forget about the lovely smell that you get in your whole house after baking it. It feels just like a big hug to your soul. Vegan banana bread makes me so happy.
- 4 bananas, very ripe with brown spots on
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl cold pressed coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tsp egg replacer + 2 tbsp of water – whisk together and let sit for 5 min
- 0.8 cup / 2 dl almond flour
- 0.8 cup / 2 dl roasted & stone grounded oat flour (swedish: skrädmjöl-rostat havremjöl)
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl brown rice flour
- 0.4 cup / 1 dl coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp real vanilla powder
- A pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1.8 oz. / 50 g dark chocolate, min 70 % OR 0.4 cup / 1 dl chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 200 C / 392 F.
2. Mash your bananas with either a fork or with a potato masher.
3. Mix the mashed bananas with coconut oil and the egg replacement with a spoon until well combined.
4. Stir together the dry ingredients in another bowl and then pour it into the wet mixture and mix again.
5. Chop up the dark chocolate and add it to the batter, stir around with a big spoon until well combined.
6. Grease a non-stick bread/loaf pan (8×25 cm / 3×10 inches) with a tiny bit coconut oil and coat with 2 tablespoons of almond flour.
7. Pour the batter into the pan.
8. Let it bake for about 45-50 min in the middle of the oven, but after 30 min cover with aluminium foil so it doesn’t get burned. Check now and then, do the tooth pick test, it should come out dry. The bread will still be moist. Promise!
9. Take out the bread and let it cool in the pan completely before you try to take it out from the bread pan.
10. When taking the bread out of the pan: Place a cutting board on top of the bread pan before you flip it upside down, this is important so the bread doesn’t break. You can also take a silicone spatula and dry to loosen up the edges of the bread before you flip it.
* Eat it like it is or with some vegan butter and almond butter or peanut butter + banana slices on top. Yum!