Omg I’m so excited about this recipe, this is the first time I’m eating plantains actually (!!!) I know I’m so behind lol. But better late than never right haha, to my defense I can say that nobody eats plantains in Sweden and I’ve only seen them in one type of grocery store here where they sell a lot of typical foods from different countries.
So what did I think about them? Oh my gosh I LOVE THEM. This is probably my new favorite thingy to eat. You can either eat them like they are or with ice cream or in any dish really. How do you like to eat your plantains? Please share it with me!
- 1 ripe yellow plantain (preferably brownish in color)
- 2-4 tablespoons water (or coconut oil if you wanna splurge)
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1. Cut of the edges and peel it, I used a knife.
2. Cut the plantain in 1/4 inch pieces (1/2 cm).
3. Heat a non-stick pan with one tablespoon of water (add more when needed).
4. Add the plantains and let them cook about 4 min on each side or until slightly golden/brown.
5. Flip them with a silicone tong.
6. Remove the plantains when done from pan.
7. Add coconut sugar and cinnamon to the pan, let it melt a little.
8. Add the plantains back to the pan and let them cook 2 min on each side so they caramelized.
9. When done, remove from pan and serve them with ice cream immediately or let them cool and save for later.
10. Serve them like they are as a snack or with some ice cream, either an organic vegan store bought or a homemade banana nice cream or this Vegan Chocolate Chunk Vanilla Ice Cream.