These saffron mozartkugeln covered in vegan white chocolate are to die for – seriously SO good!!!!
Perfect festive Christmas candy if you want to impress your friends and family or if you just wanna treat yourself with a super delicious and healthier Christmas candy 🙂
WHATS UP?! Did you guys have an awesome Christmas? I sure did. I ate like waaaaaaay too much desserts and sweets but otherwise awesome. I seriously need to control myself during Christmas, but I just CAN’T!!!! Lol. Anyone else who feel the same way? I mean I literally got the worst stomach ache on Christmas Eve due to too much sugar but I kept stuffing my face with even mooore chocolate and treats on Christmas Day hahah. Something is wrong here. But hey there’s only Christmas once a year!!! I’m so excited to quit sugar until next year’s Christmas. I mean I really don’t feel like eating ANYTHING sweet at all in like 20 years. Yep go figure how much sweets I’ve eaten in the past 3 days. 😉
Sooooo what have you been doing during Christmas? Did you go somewhere or did you stay at home to Celebrate with friends and family? I celebrated Christmas Eve (in Sweden we celebrate Christmas on this day instead of on Christmas Day) at my uncle’s house with the family on my mothers side. Then on Christmas Day I ate like a ton of Christmas food at home with my family (my mom and three cats lol) and took a long walk in the snowy and cold weather outside. So awesome!! Oh and I’ve watched like a billion movies too haha. And I started to read a new book I just bought called ”In the water they can’t see you cry” by the American Olympic swimmer Amanda Beard.
- 400 gram almonds, blanched
- ½ cup raw honey (1.2 dl)
- ⅛ teaspoon tumeric
- 0.5 gram saffron
- A pinch of salt
- 200 grams white chocolate
- Mix the blanched almonds in a food processor with tumeric, saffron and salt until well combined.
- Add honey and mix again.
- Make small balls out of the batter and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt the white chocoalte in a double boiler.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate by using two small spoons. Try to not get an unnessesary chocolate with you when you take them up.
- Place the chocolate covered saffron balls back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Decorate with chopped almonds, other nuts, coconut flakes, acai powder or something else.
- Let set in the fridge for about 2h or until the chocolate has set.