These saffron balls or ”mozartkugeln” covered in vegan white chocolate are to die for – seriously SO good and I love that they are so easy to make! They are the perfect festive Christmas candy if you want to impress your friends and family without killing yourself in the kitchen. Or if you just wanna treat yourself with a super delicious and healthier Christmas candy these ones are for YOU.
(30 mozart balls)
- 400 gram almonds, blanched
- 1/2 cup raw honey (1.2 dl)
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 0.5 gram saffron
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 200 grams white vegan chocolate
1. Mix the blanched almonds in a food processor with tumeric, saffron and salt until well combined.
2. Add honey and mix again.
3. Make small balls out of the batter and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Melt the white chocoalte in a double boiler.
5. Dip the balls in the chocolate by using two small spoons. Try to not get an unnessesary chocolate with you when you take them up.
6. Place the chocolate covered saffron balls back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Decorate with chopped almonds, other nuts, coconut flakes, acai powder or something else.
8. Let set in the fridge for about 2h or until the chocolate has set.