If you don’t like the taste of green smoothies or smoothie bowls, but still want to have all the benefits that comes with drinking green smoothies (like great skin, beautiful hair, better digestion, strong bones etc), then you gonna love this one. Why? Well because this green smoothie bowl is filled with sweet ripe bananas and mangos that will eliminate that ”green flavor” that you normally can taste if you don’t have so much fruit in it. But still you get all those minerals in that our bodies need to thrive from the kale, spinach, celery and spirulina. Good huh?
- 2 medium sized frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 big kale leaves, remove the stems
- 1 celery stalk
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp Hawaiian spirulina
- About 1/2- 2/3 cup almond milk or water
Toppings that I used today
- Dried Mulberries
- Mixed frozen berries
- Shredded coconut
- 1 brazil nut (gotta get that selenium in)
1. Mix all the ingredients to the smoothie in a blender and add just a little almond milk in the beginning to see if you need more depending on how you like the consistency of the smoothie to be. I like when it’s thick and creamy. Better to go easy and then add more if you like.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with whatever fruits, berries, nuts and seeds you like. You can also add your favorite granola on top if you wish.