Best vegan pancakes I’ve done up to date by far. Sooo fluffy and really delicious. They may look a bit rustic and rough but they taste amazing, the only downside (or upside) is that you have to eat them all at once since they do not taste good if you reheat them the day after. But hey the more the better right? Yes.
(Serves 2-3 people)
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour or any gluten-free flour mix
- 1/3 cup organic rice flour
- 1.5 tbsp xhantan gum powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- A pinch of Crystal rock salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups (or more) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Mix flour, xhantan gum, salt, baking powder and vanilla powder together in a mixing bowl using a spoon.
2. Add almond milk and maple syrup into the bowl and stir until well combined. Add more almond milk if needed. It can get quite sticky quickly since I’m using xhantan gum (for a light and fluffy texture so don’t skip it) so work fast.
3. Place a non-stick pan over medium heat on the stove.
4. Add a little bit of coconut oil and let it melt completely, make sure the pan is not too hot or too cold before you’re adding the batter, it should be on a perfect medium heat temperature.
5. Scoop out about 1/4 tbsp of batter for one pancake and our it it into the pan using a small sauce spoon or similar, I cooked 4 pancakes at the time.
6. Add a few chocolate chips on top of the pancakes.
7. Flip carefully when you start to see bubbles or when the edges are dry.
8. Cook on the other side for about 4 minutes or until they look done.
9. Continue until the batter is gone.
10. Serve with maple syrup, peanut butter/almond butter, more chocolate chips, fresh berries and chopped up bananas.