Want something lighter for breakfast or a lighter snack to help you get through the day? Well then you just have to try this one! When I was a kid I LOVED sugary cereals, especially one brand that was called ”Start” but I was only aloud to eat it when I had friends over on weekends cause my parents thought it was too much sugar in it. I remembered that I was sooooo angry at them for that lol. But now I know that they were only trying to protect me from diabetes and health issues lol. Too bad I didn’t know back then that you could make your own healthy version of granola, like this one!
Today I ate it with some homemade almond vanilla milk and some frozen blueberries! Just a perfect little snack before my evening run.
- 1 cup chopped almonds (2.4 dl)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (2.4 dl)
- 1 cup chopped figs (2.4 dl)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and coconut oil + maple syrup in a smaller bowl.
3. Add the coconut oil/maple syrup mix into the dry ingredients and combine everything with your hands until well incorporated.
4. Spread the granola evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 15 min or until beautifully golden.
6. Let cool and add the chopped dark chocolate.
7. Keep in a mason jar in room temperature away from sunlight.