OMG. This granola is just everything you want a granola to be. It’s crunchy, it’s clustery, it’s sweet and it’s healthy. What more can you ask for right? If you love cinnamon buns you will love this because it tastes just like cinnamon buns – not joking!! 😉
Did you know that buckwheat isn’t a grain? It’s actually a seed and it’s naturally gluten-free, just like quinoa. It’s also super easy to digest, much easier to digest than oats so if you have a sensitive tummy you may want to ignore the rolled oats in this recipe and just add more nuts instead. 🙂
– STEP 1: Activate buckwheat groats-
- 1 pound / 500 gram buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 0.52 US gallons / 2 liter of water
- Rinse the buckwheat groats with boiling hot water.
- Then soak the buckwheat together with cold water in a big bowl and apple cider vinegar for min 6h and max 8h.
- Rinse the buckwheat carefully with cold water and let it drain well.
The rest of the ingredients:
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl roughly chopped almonds (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 1 cup / 2.4 dl roughly chopped hazelnuts (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl roughly chopped pecan nuts (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl chia seeds
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp real vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl maple syrup, raw melted honey or raw agave
- 3 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil (optional)
- Stir together all dry ingredients in a big bowl, then add the maple syrup and coconut oil (if you don’t want to use coconut oil you can just pour in more maple syrup. so everything binds together.
- Spread evenly on your dehydrations trays.
- Let it dehydrated at 107 F / 42 C for about 10-12 h.
- Keep in a mason jar either in room temperature or in the fridge. It lasts longer if you keep it in the fridge.
If you don’t have a dehydrator you can use a normal oven and let the granola bake until golden brown. Make sure it doesn’t burn. Try 20-25 min at 175 C / 347 F or until done. Also if you bake in the oven you need to use coconut oil so it doesn’t burn so easily or you can keep an extra eye the granola.
Let cool completely on a cooling rack before adding it into a mason jar.