I’m pretty sure you all have tried rawnola by now but if you haven’t you need to ASAP! Because it’s seriously the most amazing thing ever. It’s like granola but raw – hint the name ”Rawnola”. Get it? 😉
It taste legit like cookie dough, I pinky promise! I actually used to make these cookie doughs when I was eating raw vegan back in 2009 and sprinkle over fruits just like I’m doing now, but instead of oats I used different kinds of nuts and seeds. Sadly I didn’t come up with a name for it like the famous blogger Loni Jane did (she was the one who came up with the recipe with oats and named it ”Rawnola”). So all cred to her! 😀
I tweaked the original recipe a bit (which only contains dates, oats and shredded coconut) – here is the link to that if you want to try it (insanely good) – Loni Jane’s Rawnola. I also added some cinnamon & cardamom which made it taste like cinnamon buns! So good! I also added some Himalayan pink salt, vanilla powder, mulberries and cacao nibs.
Use rawnola as topping on fruit salads, banana ice cream, smoothie bowls etc.
- 8-10 juicy Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup /2.4 dl gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp real vanilla powder
- A pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbsp mulberries
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
1. Pulse dates, oats, shredded coconut and spices in a food processor until you have a sticky dough that looks like granola, but raw. Add more dates if it’s too dry or more oats or shredded coconut if it’s too sticky.
2. Add mulberries and cacao nibs and pulse once or twice, just so it incorporates well with the other ingredients.
3. Keep in a mason jar in room temperature or in the fridge. Lasts longer in fridge.