Carrot cake for breakfast? Eh yes please! I swear this oatmeal taste just like carrot cake and it’s by far my favorite oatmeal I’ve ever made or tasted so far! I love the fact that it’s actually totally guilt-free and insanely tasty.
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/5 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 small ripe banana with brown spots, mashed
- 1/2 cup / 1.2 dl gluten-free rolled fine oats
- 1/2 cup /1.2 dl water
- 2/3 cup / 1.6 dl unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp dried raisins
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- Handful of walnuts, broken into pieces
1. First let the finely shredded carrot and spices caramelize in a pot on medium heat for about 5 minutes, make sure it doesn’t get burned. Stir often.
2. Then add the mashed banana and a little bit of the water, let the banana get warm for a few minutes. Stir often.
3. Add oats, the rest of the water and almond milk. Let it cook together for a few minutes or until it’s creamy.
4. Pour into a bowl and top with raisins, shredded coconut and crushed walnuts.