I think I’ve got myself together from Midsummer’s Eve Party that I celebrated with some of my crossfit family. Not that I got super wasted or anything, think I had like 3 small glasses. Someone brought a ”bag in box” to the party and now that’s dangerous lol. I mean it’s just standing there and you can drink as much as you want!! Crazy. But I could control myself, I swear. Some could not though lol. Then I had 3/4 of a ”snaps” (it’s like a reallyyy strong shot). I can’t really understand how you can drink more then one?! It’s like super strong and really gross. The weird thing about snaps is that everyone has to sing a song before you can drink it. I guess that’s why I only had one haha. Can’t really remember since I drank anything last time, so it was about time! You gotta live a little too!
I had so much fun though! We played different kind of fun games and had two quizzes. I was in ”Team Progenex” (Carina, coach Christian, Linda and me) and we got at second place!! Yay! One of the games that we played was to eat a caramel candy string as fast as you possible could and keeping your hands on your back, and guess who came in second place?! Oh yes that’s right, ME!!! I even beated my two coaches who are like the biggest candy eaters everrrr. After me obviously. Duhhh! lol.
Oh and I made cookies for the party too!! Three different flavors, one with peanut butter and chocolate, one with almond flour and chocolate chunks and one with chocolate and chocolate. Well you can say that I really like chocolate. Like A LOT!!! Everyone loved them and the only mistake was that I should have made more. My favorite of all of them was the one with chocolate and chocolate, it’s a recipe from PaleOMG and I’ve made it before and I just LOVE LOVE it. It’s seriously sooooo good. You can find it on her blog: Soft & Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies. I thought I’d share it with you here on my blog and give you the measurements in deciliters as well! I added an egg white too cause the batter turned out a bit dry for me, but it can be that my almond butter wasn’t creamy enough. Thank you Juli for the recipe!
Soft & Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies
Makes: 16 cookies
- 1 cup (2.36 dl) natural roasted almond butter – I made my own
- 1 cup (2.36 dl) coconut sugar
- 1 whole egg, large – whisked
- 1 egg white (optional) – whisked
- 1/2 cup (1.2 dl) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt (don’t forget this!!!)
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup (1.2 dl) Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. / 175 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond butter and coconut sugar until well mixed by using a large spoon. Then add the whisked eggs. Start with only one egg and then add the egg white if you feel like the batter is too dry.
- Add 1/4 cup (0.6 dl) cocoa powder at the time and use your hands to get everything well incorporated. Then add the salt, baking soda, vanilla and the chocolate chips. Use your hands once again to get everything well mixed.
- Form the batter into 13-15 small balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use your hands or a fork to press the cookies down slightly, not too much cause they will flatten out in the oven. If you press them out too much they will fall apart. Which we don’t want, right?
- Bake them for about 10 min, not more.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 10 min on the baking sheet before moving them over to a cooling rack. If you move them too fast from the baking sheet they will break.
- Let them cool and then just EAT.
- So freaking good!